Saturday, January 11, 2014

Weekend?!?! What weekend??

Wow!! I thought weekends were for relaxing but not this weekend...in addition to the regular activities, such as food shopping, cleaning, and laundry, we have Disney on Ice for my Twinkie girls and I have a baby shower tomorrow!! Plus I'm being observed next week and need to write up the plan, plan and organize a Math CC parent information night, and I have an ELA common core consultant coming in!!! Ah! I'm tired already. 
So this week we has fun with visualization! We read The Napping House in Spanish and as I read I had the kids draw what was happening and I didn't show the pictures until the end!! They loved it!! We also did weather and we watched videos of lightening, tornadoes, and hurricanes!! They get so excited watching weather in action!
I introduced Silabas con g (ga, go, gu) and we made "casas de sílabas" 
They did very well with it!! I'm going to work on making packets for all of the letters!!!
For my observation I am introducing the reading strategy "does it make sense?" with a character I created called Detective Diane! We have already worked on getting your mouth ready, looking for picture clues, and looking at word chunks!! I hope they like the activities I put together!! As soon as it's ready I'll upload it to TpT!
Also this week we introduced Bossy R with er, ir, and ur.  At the end of the unit I created an assessment for each reading group based in their level...took me a long time but the assessments that we have are ver difficult for our ELLs and amy student reading below grade level. So I created reading stories, phonics questions, sight word sentences, and comprehension activities for each group I have.  The students did very well with it-I only had to read the questions and the listening questions as well!! If you are interested go to my TpT store and check them out. I uploaded 2-one for ELLs and one for an on level group.
Wish me luck on my observation!! Happy teaching everyone!!!
Alyson Hennessy

No comments:

Post a Comment