Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Back to School Night 2014-Check!

Man!! Back to school night is done!! I feel like I have SOOOO much to talk about and not enough time.  I do both the English and Spanish back to back so my mind is constantly moving and going!! I have a great group of parents this year and I can't wait to involve them in our fun activities!!
Here are some pics!!

The stand is from my friend Rosemary and the cupcakes and sign are from Mrs. Thomas's Class on TpT...these were a HIT!!! Click here to access her store! Cassie Thomas

Tables ready for the parents! Those folders were FULL of great information

Back to School night selfie! 

We have been working with short vowel sounds this week in English and las vocales in Spanish!
Here are some great videos from YouTube!

 The kids LOVE LOVE LOVE this video!
Also we started using ESTRELLITA this year!  Here are some videos for that! 


We also have TOTALLY embraced using GoNoodle! If you do not know about it, please please please go check it out and sign up-it's free and it is a GREAT way to get their energy you and refocus!! My class loves it!!!

We also started using Writer's Workshop this year.  Our amazing teachers worked over the summer to create a great model for us and we started the IMMERSION level this week! We immerse the kids in mentor texts and writing routines. This is going on during my English days.  On Spanish days, we are working on developing our Spanish vocabulary and also correct sentence structure in Spanish.  So far, we are doing very well.  Today, we wrote about something we did when there was no school, like this past weekend or even something they did this summer that they wanted to write about.  Our Mentor Text was The Dot and it was perfect!! Kids just drew, or wrote a word, or even a sentence  and I was so proud of them because they worked the entire time AND did their best!  Here is a chart I made to talk about storytelling (please forgive the lack of visuals...forgot to get them from the printer-I don't draw so I print a lot of pictures! )
Sorry for the folded paper-I have to change my charts a lot because of the English/Spanish so I often fold them and keep them by my lessons-it says, "If I can think it, I have a story to tell. If I can tell it, I can write it, if I can write it, I can illustrate it". 

Tomorrow is Spanish day so I am going to continue with our Interactive Notebook and I am going to do the A from my Actividades del Cuaderno pack in Spanish! Interactive Notebook in Spanish..I hope to take lots of pics to post!!!

Happy teaching!!

Alyson Hennessy



No comments:

Post a Comment