Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy New Year!

Well, I am near the end of my vacation and I am nice and relaxed!  Got a lot accomplished and even managed to get some future lesson planning done! I know!!! =)

Before the vacation, the 1st grade teachers in my building had the students do a "Holidays Around the World" unit for Social Studies.  The classes had a blast! Here are some pictures!
We made Quesadillas! 

All of the different crafts we made to show where we traveled

How cute are their suitcases?? (We call them maletas in Spanish!)

The new year brings an arctic animal unit! Winter is one of my favorite seasons to teach about because there are so many things that the students can learn about! I love teaching about penguins and bears and hibernation! I also love reading about MLK with the class and they always are interested in how life was like in the past.  And February, well, that is another one of my favorites! Doesn't it seem that the shortest months of the school year have the most events??? December has all of the holidays along with winter and then February has Groundhog's Day, President's Day, Valentine's Day, the 100th day (usually) and this year, Chinese New Year!!!! So much stuff and so little time!

I hope that everyone had a great holiday!  Happy New Year! Let's make 2013 a great one!

Happy teaching!

Alyson Hennessy

No comments:

Post a Comment