Sunday, September 23, 2012

Can't believe how fast time is flying and how exhausted I am!!

Wow...tomorrow is already September 24!  I can't believe how fast time is flying!  Sorry I haven't posted sooner! Between work, school and classes, and my two girls getting sick, I have not had much down time to relax.  For my literacy degree classes, I have to learn about and administer a test a week and then write up a summary about it! Needless to say, my weekends have been pretty busy!  I was able to go upstate though for the long weekend to see my in-laws and the girls had a blast seeing the animals on the farm and just relaxing!

Here are a few things I have been using in my classroom!
To help my students with practicing the alphabet in both English and Spanish and also to help them build a vocabulary, I have been showing these videos.  They love them!

I read the book Rhyming Dust Bunnies and we did an activity where the students had to create their own dust bunny.  I then showed this video and they were hysterical!

 We love "El perro y el gato"! These videos really help the students practice their vocabulary! I show these during snack time because it can get a little crazy and this keeps them calm and relaxed! It is a working snack time!

Good video to show once the students have learned all of their Spanish vowels!
English version of the Alphabet-The students get a kick out of watching it, especially after I tell them this is how I learned my ABC's (Thanks Mrs. Zagarello!)-I love Really Rosie!
Spanish alphabet-Kids love this one and ask for it every day!
I am actually going to show this during the upcoming week-Harry Kindergarten has some GREAT videos!!!!

On my PARENTS/LOS PADRES page, you can see the format I use for sending home HW.  I like to give students a choice format.  The format will stay the same but I may change/add/take out an activity and obviously the words will change weekly!

I hope everyone is enjoying the fall!  This week, we are working on apples and our 5 senses for Science! I will take pictures of our flip books that we created and also the Rhyming Dust Bunnies that they made!

Have a great week!

Alyson Hennessy

 






No comments:

Post a Comment