Tuesday, July 24, 2012

I got to see my new classroom!

Summer has been good to us! My family and I took the girls to the beach for the first time! They went when they were little but this was the first time they enjoyed the sand and water...well...they sort of enjoyed it. Madi does not like getting dirty or wet so this may have been our first and last trip to the beach. Rose liked it, at the end. She wasn't a fan of the water and waves until my dad took her in and as we are getting ready to leave, she asked for more water and didn't want to go. Crazy kids! My mom took us to a place called "White Post Farms". It is amazing for kids! The girls loved it. They got to feed goats, got "attacked" by birds (Madi was screaming and crying-the birds just really wanted the bird food we had!), play on the playground, go on a train ride, and take a picture with Blue from Blue's Clues and Wubzy from Wow! Wow! Wubzy! ( I have no idea if I am spelling that right!)
I have also been working on organizing my binders. I say that I am going to do this every year and I never do. People think I am very organized but, well, I'm not. I am always misplacing things and finding them after I need it. So I am trying to fix that now! :) Here are some pictures of my binders. I did not want to use the dividers for the binders. I used the post it small labels because I like how much they stick out so you can read everything when the binder is closed. Will they stay on well? I don't know. Will they rip? I don't know but I am going to try it out for this year anyway. They were 1 cent at Staples so it won't be too much of a loss! LOL
Here is also the finished picture of that projet I talked about in a previous post. I got the idea from PINTEREST and the teacher wrote that they used this as a way to keep thier objectives visible at all times. You can use scrapbook paper as the background but they actually had the red cardstock paper in the teacher supply section. I got all of the supplies from the Dollar Tree and it was super easy to make them.
I used black and red because I decided to do the Hollywood Classroom theme. There are a lot of great supplies at Party City! I also googled HOLLYWOOD classrooms and was able to print a lot of great things, like a behavior chart. My artistic mom is going to help me trace, cut, and paint a large "OSCAR" statue for display in my room. I also got to see my classroom today! Last year, I had NO closet or storage space-NONE! This year, I am very excited because I have a TON of storage space! I will hopefully be able to bring my stuff over to my new building next week and start to decorate soon! Here is a picture of the classroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment