Saturday, July 19, 2014

Back to school ads already?!?!?

So as we all know, our local stores, such as STAPLES, Walmart, and Target have their back to school areas already displayed with new notebooks, crayons, glue sticks, and much more! It is crazy that it is only the middle of July and the supplies are out!  But...this is also the time of year when I start to look for items that I can use in the classroom to help make teaching easier or to help organize my supplies better!  This is when I  LOVE the Target $1-$3 section!!!! They always have such cute baskets or organizational tools that I can use....and the fact that it is all so cheap makes it even better!! I picked up 5 of these the other day:
My plan is to use these for notebook/journal storage on the tables so the students can easily take out their interactive notebooks and writing journals.
I don't have a picture of the but I also purchased these great plastic wire baskets that I use for guided reading and for handing in student work. I saw a pin on Pinterest where a teacher purchased ribbon and used the ribbon to make the basket all pretty!! I am going to try and find some SWEET TREAT themed ribbon so that I can do this! If I can, I will post pics as soon as I complete them!

I also completed two products today that I hope will really help my new group of firsties to remember and retain their sight words, not only when they read but also when they write.  In the past, my students  were able to identify the words in books but would have difficulty writing them independently.  I hope that these booklets will help them because not only are they a great activity for centers or class work but it is a tool that they can take home for practice!


My plan is to keep making these units...we use the Treasures program in my school and I am hoping to make the sight word booklets for every unit in the series.  I also plan on working on the rest of the FRY sight words and eventually get to the DOLCH list.  They are 1/2 off until Tuesday so please go check them out!  Here are some pics of what is included:







Hope to go find some SWEET TREATS ribbon for my baskets so I can make them pretty and show you how I made them!!! Stay tuned!

Happy teaching!

Alyson Hennessy




No comments:

Post a Comment